Chad ‘Trey’ Tracy
Front-End Web Developer & Web Designer
Located in Chicago, IL
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
I am a hybrid web developer and web designer but above all else, my focus remains on quality. Working in tandem with various companies and agencies, I’ve become skilled at creating beautiful experiences across multiple platforms using a varied skillset of web development, UX/UI design, branding, marketing and more. I love working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships with the people & companies I work with. I believe that this helps to complete projects in a timely manner while making sure that every deliverable is of the highest caliber to ensure 110% satisfaction.
I build beautiful experiences.
Using years of experience in multiple programming languages and designing hundreds of websites and creatives, the proof is in the work.
Being able to learn quickly is my forte. I love to try new things!
I have fun.
Creativity stems from personal experiences and interacting with people to build great things.
Freelance/Independent Front-End Web Developer & Consultant – (Mar 2009-Present)
Freelance: The Creative Group & Creative Circle. Clients include: Blue Ocean Global, Commodity & Ingredient Hedging, LLC, Carol H. Williams Advertising., Zobrio, Nolan Law Group, Walgreens, Candlelite Restaurant & Bar, Corkill Insurance, Chicago Atrium Mall, U.S. Equities, Elasticity, BluSky Creative, Sandbox Studios Chicago, McKinley Real Estate, University Center, The Monogram Group, Everspring Partners, National Restaurant Association, VacayStay Connect, LLC, Porkchop Chicago Restaurants, Hans Design, American Needle & Novelty, The Brand Consultancy, Elasticity, Marketing Alternatives, American Intercontinental University, Iroqouis Paving Corp.
- Web development and custom web designs using Photoshop comps
- Development of UX/UI and wireframes
- Integrating Photoshop mockups into WordPress & Joomla! using Bootstrap responsive designs, HTML5, CSS3 & LESS
- Graphic design and advertising for print/online promotional campaigns
- Coordinating with marketing departments according to strategic milestones
- Integration and consultation of WordPress plugins for custom functionality
- Custom e-commerce integration and design
- Developing targeted landing pages with a focus on conversions
Lead Web Designer & Web Developer, SEO – Presto Reviews (Sept 2009-Dec 2013)
Refocusing the brand and creating a product that was both useful and attractive to the end-user. I worked with clients on projects to increase traffic to their websites through the use of SEO reviews and reputation management services.
- Redesign & branding websites using PHP, WordPress, and HTML/CSS
- Copywriting and creating attractive visuals to gain new customers
- Redesign of product front-end look and usability, white labeling and custom designs
- Developed a Facebook application that displayed RSS feeds from PHP, XML & MySQL database and displayed them in a slick, easy-to-read, formatted solution with user interaction on Business’ Facebook fan page
- Email campaign management and design
- Search Engine Optimization and consultation for clients
- Troubleshooting, problem solving/bug fixes, SEO, custom landing pages for clients
Web Designer & Web Developer, Project Manager – World Hyundai Matteson, Rock Chevrolet & Family Hyundai (Sep 2009-Dec 2013)
Web Project Manager and Lead Web Designer & Developer for hundreds of deployed websites and correlating marketing campaigns. Focus was to drive leads and revenue.
- Creating Balsimiq and Photoshop mockups/storyboards and implementing via CSS/HTML/PHP/MySQL/Wordpress and Bootstrap for responsive mobile designs.
- Designing custom landing pages and microsites.
- Managing servers, websites, and domains across multiple IP addresses for strategic SEO purposes as well as setting up a complex network of blog networks.
- Tracking user data using analytical tools and heat maps for testing purposes.
- Project management through completion and delivering in a timely manner.
- Coordinating and implementing strategies from print, television, and radio, etc.
- SEO focused landing pages to integrate with PURL mailers and marketing pieces.
- Notable: 1st Website Redesign won “Best Single Point Dealer Website” by AutoDealerMonthly.
Web Designer & Web Developer – Commodity & Ingredient Hedging, LLC (Jun 2009-Sep 2009)
Tasked with redesigning and re-branding their existing and outdated website with a new, educational look and feel in order to target potential clients as well as serve current clients. The new website was to be a hub for marketing their services as a company as well as a place for commodity traders to manage their accounts and see their options. (http://www.cihedging.com)
- Wireframe mockups of new website design using Balsimiq Mockups and Photoshop.
- Custom website design using CSS/PHP/HTML on WordPress.
- Created print materials and branding elements for educational courses.
- Copywriting and creative copy for website.
Web Designer & Developer – McKinley Real Estate (Jan 2009-Jun 2009)
Management of targeted web campaigns and marketing efforts to increase leads for sales associates and maintain retention of property tenants. (http://www.mckinley.com)
- Cross browser support with a focus on user accessibility through CSS & HTML.
- Content Management, copywriting, SEO and branding services.
- Targeted marketing campaigns for Super Bowl, college students, teachers, and more.
- Community building and developing the company’s brand and customer relationship.
- Implementing a custom back-end solution integrating employee web resources.
- Managing and directing two vendor companies in creating online visibility and rapid application development (Fluency Media, LinuxBox, SafeRent).
- Initiated campaigns into new social media including integration into Social Networking.
Web Designer & Web Developer – DualTech Services, Inc. (Jan 2006-Mar 2009)
Provided web design, web development, search engine optimization and web marketing, and user experience design.
- Design and implementation of cross-browser websites using WordPress.
- Rich and friendly copywriting, SEO, branding and logo design for clients.
- Re-branding and redesign of DualTech Services, Inc. main website.
- Writing web applications using PHP and the CakePHP framework.
- Implementing and designing for shopping cart software including Zen Cart.
- Designed an e-commerce shopping cart system called Mocha Shopping Cart as well as branding and UX/UI design for a “Getting Things Done” application called Peep!
Bachelors of Science in Information Systems Technology, 2009, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
College of Applied Science & Arts’ Dean’s List – 2007
Southern Illinois University Investment Club
Professional and personal references are available and will happily furnish upon request.
Click here to see my latest projects and portfolio